Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)


Powered By

Site Design By:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, July 13, 2007

It's About Time


Giancarlo Esposito, a veteran actor that I've always found compelling to watch (he's also easy on the eyes), has finally stepped up his game to director. He also wrote and stars in the film "Gospel Hill".

According to IMDB: Gospel Hill is about haunted men, the former sheriff of the southern town dealing with past sins, and the former civil rights worker withdrawn since the martyrdom of his brother thirty years before. Their final confrontation comes when a corporation descends on the town, echoing a struggle thirty years old.
The movie also stars Samuel Jackson (of course), Danny Glover, Angela Bassett (shout out to the angiebnews crew), and my third husband, The RZA.

If aren't familiar with Giancarlo, I suggest you rent his standout performance in "Fresh"....it is the story of a preteen drug runner who really just wants to go to school.....it's very interesting and un-Hollywood. Giancarlo plays a drug dealer that has Fresh's drug addicted sister on lock....and guess what? It also stars Samuel Jackson. I'll post a clip of the film later today.

6 comments:

SimzBrazil said...

Thanks for the shout out, IW! I heard Giancarlo is doing a terrific job on his first film, "Gospel HIll." I'm looking forward to this one!!

Thembi Ford said...

People need to know the face AND the name, so thank you for talking about things like this! I've added you to my blogroll too.

Keli said...

What movies does not star Samuel L, lol. See, I really did not care for "Fresh". However, I do feel that Giancarlo is one of our most underrated talents.

Invisible Woman said...

He really is-hopefully this film will give him his due.....I thought Fresh was a different take on the iner city drug film, not perfect, but I identified with the main character's plight, and admired him for being smarter than his environment.

PurpleZoe said...

I'm sorry, I could've sworn you said your third husband was Rza?
I must not have heard you correctly...
I am totally all over that.
We may have to find a peaceable way to work this out.

lmao

Once again the theory that great minds think alike is proven...

Giancarlo Espositio is also hubby material as well as dirty fantasy appropriate. Num

Kudos on his directorial move.

Invisible Woman said...

Ok you w/Giancarlo first, me with RZA, then we'll switch...it that peaceable? :-)