Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)


Powered By

Site Design By:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 17, 2007

Turks & Caicos International Film Festival


Try as I might, each year I read about this film festival, and I can never find any actual films they're supposed to be honoring. All in all, it seems like a vanity project for C-list actress and first lady of Turks & Caicos, Lisa Raye. It's not even in Turks & Caicos anymore, but in Miami....I guess to make it accessible for more C-list celebs.

Anyway, here is a picture of Jasmine Guy (not looking dour, for once) and some random singer who should have rethought her wardrobe selection performing at the festival. If anyone has any information on any real film going-ons associated with this event, let me know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you got it, flaunt it...

If you got too much...cover them up.

I often wonder why I hear so much more about the black film festivals than I do the films.

Unknown said...

The previous poster's comment is on target... we hear so much more about the black film festivals than we do the actual films playing at these festivals. And that's because very often, the films aren't much to write home about! Of course there are a select few exceptions of course...

Invisible Woman said...

Very few...it seems to be about the party. The Black Hollywood Film Festival seems to have the most cred...what happened to Urban World? They used to make a big splash, and I haven't heard anything about them for a while...