Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)


Powered By

Site Design By:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hello There...



Aaannnndd we're back! haha

Missed you guys.

I now know I'm hopelessly addicted to the blogosphere, no point in denying it. It's only been a few days and it seems like weeks!

My posting is still gonna be a bit spotty this week due to my move....bear with me. And thanks so very, very, much for the well wishes and comments about my laptop....at least I know you notice if I'm not around, cause I sure notice when you're not :-)

Anyhoo, some interesting things have happened---I'll give you a couple of coming attraction updates and dedicate the rest of the day to Carl Gilliard as promised a few days ago.


I was saying a few times recently that I wished more of our historical heroes would be portrayed on screen. It looks like that is happening a bit here and there....this one very much peaked my interest:

Jeffrey Wright has been tapped to play Muddy Waters in "Cadillac Records," a musical biopic that follows the turbulent lives of such bluesmen as Muddy Waters, Little Walter, and Howlin' Wolf in 1950s Chicago. Adrien Brody will replay Matt Dillon (who dropped out due to scheduling conflicts) as Chess Records founder Leonard Chess. btn


From IW: Jeffery Wright in this will be off the hook, if he loosens up just a bit. I also think Adrian Brody is infinitely more interesting for this than Matt Dillon.

By the way....the following had the headline "Back By Popular Demand" (??!!). Hhmmmmm......somethin' in the milk ain't clean:

Kim Wayans' ("In Living Color," "Juwanna Mann") one-woman show, "A Handsome Woman Retreats" returns January 25th playing Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00pm through February 23rd at the 2100 Square Feet Theatre in the Miracle Mile area of Los Angeles.


From IW: Alrighty then.


And finally, from Robert Townsend, who I think almost all of us have love for:

The Pan African Film & Arts Festival (PAFF) will host the world premiere of director Robert Townsend's "Of Boys and Men" starring Robert Townsend, Angela Bassett, Victoria Rowell, Dante Boens with Faizon Love, Vince Green, and Bobb'e J. Thompson. The premiere will take place on February 13th as part of the PAFF's Centerpiece program.


From IW: Yamo be there.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see that you are back up & running. I was born and raised in Los Angeles. I only go back to visit now. I look forward to meeting you in person next time I go west...

peace, Villager

Anonymous said...

Oh my. Jeffrey Wright will be fantastic in that (and what's taken so long for somebody to have the idea to put together a film about this?).

He really does have the ability to erase himself and let characters come forth when he's acting. No matter whether the film is highbrow or lowbrow, I always come away from his films thoughtful and appreciative of the graceful way he performs his roles.

Invisible Woman said...

@Villager: It would be an honor to meet you, WH :-)

@ashavera: I can definitely say this is one role I would love to see him in. I'm not always crazy about him, but he always keeps it non-coon :-)

Marvalus said...

Welcome back!

Oh, I will most def be looking for Jeffrey Wright in this one! Good stuff! That man knows how to ACT!!!

Undercover Black Man said...

Welcome back, IW. A Kim Wayans one-woman show? Why is that strangely intriguing to me?

Thembi Ford said...

Intriguing to me too! I've been trying to figure out what happened to her and why for ages. And I mean like looking for water with a diving rod. I need an interview. Gotta hear what it was like growing up with those Wayans men and how I can get with Marlon. Im sending reconassaince to this show!

Invisible Woman said...

@Ms.M: Now they had to mess it up and put in Bey as Etta James. Damn.

@UBM and Thembi: Maybe you guys can make it a date! haha Report back and let me know how it goes (the date and the show) :-)

@thembi: life with the wayans bros; now that's a show I would see, but she is very loyal--it would all be cany colored kisses....

SimzBrazil said...

I love Jeffery in everything he does, an amazing talent.

IW, please let me know how you like "Of Boys & Men" when you go see it at The PAFF. You know I'm completely jealous that you live in LA. I'd love to see Angela in that movie! :)

Invisible Woman said...

I will just for you Madame Simo :-)