Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)


Powered By

Site Design By:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Interesting.....

The long search is over. Jamal "Gravy" Woolard will play Christopher Wallace aka The Notorious B.I.G. in 'Notorious", a biopic on the infamous rapper.

According to Variety, the story will follow Biggie "from his beginnings as a Brooklyn crack dealer to his rise to the top of the world of hip-hop." Though he only lived to the age of 24, there's still going to be a lot of ground to cover in that two hour movie. Angela Bassett will play Voletta Wallace, Biggie's mother. Derek Luke will play his friend/producer Sean "Diddy" Combs. Anthony Mackie will portray Biggie's hip-hop rival Tupac Shakur.

Newcomers Antonique Smith, Naturi Naughton, Dennis White, and Julia Pace Mitchell round out the supporting cast.

George Tillman Jr. will helm Notorious from a screenplay by Cheo Hodari Coker and Reggie Rock Bythewood. Filming is set to start March 24 and take place in all five boroughs of New York. Fox Searchlight also has a date set up for the release: January 16th, 2009.

From IW: I don't know who this "Gravy" dude is, but Anthony Mackie as Tupac is not making it for me. He always seemed...how shall we say....a bit "sweet". Not that there's anything wrong with that, haha. At least Angela Bassett's mixing it up a bit....finally.



I'll let you make your own comments on this next one...I never really have any words when it comes to Bey. Idris seems to be continuing his 'crap-o-rama tour' tho. From Filmwad:

Beyonce Knowles, Ali Larter, and Idris Elba have been hired to star in Obsessed, a thriller for Screen Gems. According to Variety, "Elba [last seen in American Gangster] will play an asset manager who has a knockout wife (Knowles) and thriving career until a temp office worker (Larter) begins stalking him."

Television director Steve Shill is directing his first feature from a screenplay by David Loughery (Money Train, Star Trek V, Tom and Huck). Will Packer is producing along with Beyonce and her father Mathew Knowles. Production begins this summer.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leave "Sweetness Mackie" alone IW. LMAO!

Marvalus said...

I absolutely reject Mackie as Pac...REJECT!!!!!!

Can't no punk play Pac...I don't care if he ain't no punk, he "feel" like one...

REJECT!!!! REJECT!!!! REJECT!!!!

Invisible Woman said...

Wow Ms. M: I've never seen you lose your cool like that, lol! Either you are very pro-Tupac, or very anti-Mackie....

@danielle--I guess you should direct that statement to Ms. Marvelous, haha

Marvalus said...

tee hee hee...I did go to the left a bit, no?

But I STAN for Pac...and this here is an injustice...I can just see Mackie now pursing his lips trying to get across the beauty that was Pac's thuggery...pure bullsh**!

REJECT!!!!

Anonymous said...

Marva, Marva, Marva. Maintain radio silence. You crazy! I told IW to leave "Sweets" alone; now I'm telling you. LMAO!

I don't Stan for Pac. I respected his talent and his brilliance, but he turned me off and made me angry with him for many years and that's all I'll say about that.

Where's Miss Viv and Clifton Collins? I mean this is going straight to DVD right? Where's Crazy Earl aka DMX?

Marvalus said...

Alright, I'll retreat...

*reject*

Unknown said...

first MJ's mama now Big's mama? she's always playing strong black women though.. Katherine Jackson, Volletta Wallace, Rosa Parks, Tina Turner...

Invisible Woman said...

@danielle: they have a high profile director, producer, and writer--let's hope it comes out better than something the DVD king would be in....


@Ms. M: ROTFLMBAO! You know that casting choice was faulty tho!

@sincere: yeah, well, at least she doing it in a movie I really want to see now :-)

justjudith said...

the first thing i ever saw mr mackie in was she hate me. 'nough said...