Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)


Powered By

Site Design By:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, April 4, 2008

Old School Music Friday

Okay, okay. I was avoiding this one cause it's so very cliche, but the meme for this week's Old School Music Friday is 1971. What is one that's limited to Black Cinema soundtracks to do? haha

It is undeniable that this is probably the most well known song from Black Cinema ever, and with massive good reason. It also won an Oscar. All bow down to "Black Moses" (Issac Hayes) as they called him back in the day, and Gordon Parks who directed, one of my heroes.

This is the opening to the film that started it all:




trivia: did you know the bar-kays were also involved in the score? (also featured in one of my faves, "Wattstax")



Quick -Mrs. Grapevine -Regina -Lisa C-Chocl8t -Kreative Talk-MarvalusOne -LaShonda-aj -Rosemarie -sHaE-sHaE-Electronic Village - Chatting Over Cocktails

8 comments:

Marvalus said...

Yeah, Shaft...he's a bad mother...

tee hee hee...

Anonymous said...

Richard Roundtree was Fine As Wine in this film. Shut You Mouff!

Unknown said...

I just saw Richard Roundtree in something recently ... but, for the life of me I can't remember what it was. I must also admit that I enjoyed the remake of Shaft done with Samuel L. Jackson. I was glad to see Roundtree having a role in that flick.

re: your OSF choice. Well done!

peace, Villager

Lisa R Charles said...

Love your pick for OSF!!!

Anonymous said...

Shut your mouth...

I'm late, sorry, I was planning my baby's birthday party.

If we can have soundtracks like this in our everyday life...

Unknown said...

This opening tune is certainly a timeless classic! And part of cinema history that "everyone" knows!!

Anonymous said...

The OSF theme for this week is wedding songs: songs you got married to or songs you would like played at your wedding. Pass it along. I'm in a sentimental mood.

I don't know how you will work this out as far as movies, but I bet you have a lot to chose from.

Invisible Woman said...

HEY ALL: Thanks for showing love...I thought showing the opening of the movie with the song would be a bit different. It's great to look at your choices; I look forward to it on Fridays.

@MGV: thanks for the tip--I'll do my best.