Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)


Powered By

Site Design By:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, September 7, 2007

This N' That


Hey guys....mama's got bidness to take care of this morning, so I'll post later today. I'll leave you with a couple of updates:


-That picture of Beyonce on the "Today in Birthdays" post is her wax figure, not her. Only Papa Shongo spotted it; even after I told him he was right in the comments, a couple folks still said something about the picture....thanks for proving my point about her exactly, haha.


-Thanks for all of your sweet comments about my new blog look. It was a labor of love from my man se7en at "Blogs Gone Wild". He is definitely the answer.


-"Raisin In The Sun" took 10th place in the Top 10 Reader Favorites In Black Film. I'll leave you with Langston Hughes (definitely one of my fave authors) poem from which the movie came:

What Happens To A Dream Deferred?
Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore-
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over-
like a syrupy sweet?
Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.
Or does it explode?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see you Invisible... looks like BlogsGoneWild touched your site. Great design. Can a brotha get some link love?

Shelia said...

Have I ever told you how much I love the Pam Grier, Kick Ass header? It rocks!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing at a.man.i's comment. I "see you invisible", he forgot the "no pun intended".

I'm must be goofy today, because I thought that was really funny.

I'm not going anywhere. Some times I take a break to spend time with the boys (husband included). I love this site and it's one of my favs.

I'm also mad I didn't notice that was a wax version of Beyonce. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Invisible Woman said...

thanks shelia :-) MGV: I just kid around...I know we all have a life (well most of us anyway). about beyonce...niether good or bad, justa fact; I find her very fake and phoney, and the fact that nobody really thought that was her wax figure underscores what I think about her....