Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)


Powered By

Site Design By:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 7, 2008

Old School Music Fridays



This song brings up SO many memories for me. It is one of the best songs ever, for one, and from a fantastic soundtrack. As a matter of fact, I loved the soundtrack infinitely more than the movie (a factoid I've learned to keep to myself). Flav used to be it, yes? No one could predict that future, that's for sure.



This is also one of the most memorable opening sequences for a film ever. LMAO at those moves now. Rosie wasn't much of a dancer, was she? I was there when she met Spike, and she is proof positive that a little boobage can go a loooong way.

-Quick
-Mrs. Grapevine
-Marcus LANGFORD
-Regina
-Lisa C
-Chocl8t
-Kreative Talk
-MarvalusOne
-LaShonda
-aj
-Invisible Woman
-Rosemarie
-sHaE-sHaE

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Why did people think Rosie was such a great dancer?

Anonymous said...

@ true: She was better on the choreographing side.

Great pick, I love this movie, my best friends and I watched it everyday during summers and breaks. I know every line in this movie, and this song was the "bomb".

HeyShae! said...

Who would have thought Flav would turn up all these years later on reality TV? LOL

Anonymous said...

Great soundstrack. Damn Flav (Drop Squad anyone?). Rosie is so Nyorican (Puerto Rico!) and a better choreographer than she is a dancer.

Undercover Black Man said...

One of the greatest title sequences of all times, you're right! Really puts you in the mood to be taken on a trip.

Marvalus said...

This song always makes me want to break something! I get so riled up...my son says I'm not allowed to listen to it in the car anymore because it seems to make my car go faster...

Anonymous said...

@ Marvalus:

I get the same way. This song makes me want to go on a trip and hurt someone. Don't let me watch Rosewood.

Unknown said...

@ msgrapevine - I am feeling you on that Rosewood mess, I love that movie but I can't watch it with out getting pissed!!!

I always hated Rosie, her voice gets under my skin and the way she says "Mookie" is like nails on a chalkboard! But the song is a classic.

Lenoxave said...

I can't watch this movie, Miss Burning, Rosewood or A Time To Kill. My blood pressure goes through the roof. I just can't.

Lisa R Charles said...

I just watched this movie last week, one of my favorites. Good pick!

Unknown said...

I guess I'm in the minority re: Rosie. I liked her. I liked her in this movie with Spike Lee and I also liked her in the White Men Don't Jump movie when she broke the bank at the Jeopardy game show (smile).

Where is she now?

Have a great Ol' School Friday!
Villager

Anonymous said...

:fist in the air:
Fight tha powhwa!!! That was the ish!!! :)

Anonymous said...

IW, you are gonna have me rioting up in here!!

iriegal said...

I loved this song. I lived in Brooklyn back then. I use to ride the train with Spike. I remember him getting off at Atlantic Ave

Invisible Woman said...

Fight the power yall! I love you guys comin thru to join my party!

@Iriegal: I bet Spike wouldn't be caught dead on the subway now! haha

Thembi Ford said...

Heehee. She said boobage.

I may have to get down with this feature...