July 11–13, 2008 Studio Estimates (thanks Sergio!)
1) Hellboy II:The Golden Army Uni. $35,885,000
2) Hancock Sony $33,000,000 Total: $165,034,000
3) Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D NL $20,580,000
4 ) Wall-E BV $18,509,000 Total; $162,772,000
5) Wanted Uni. $11,586,000 Total; $112,045,000
6) Get Smart WB $7,105,000 Total; $111,468,000
7) Meet Dave Fox $5,300,000
8) Kung Fu Panda P/DW $4,300,000 Total: $202,043,000
9) Kit Kittredge: An American Girl PicH $2,357,000 Total; $11,046,000
10) Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Par. 2,250,000 Total 310,477,000
From IW: Okay I'll go through these one by one...
1) Hellboy: Zero interest
2) Hancock: After fiending to see it for months, I finally saw it this weekend. Sorry, I don't care what folkses say, I liked it very much, as I do with all Will Smith movies. When I first saw the director was Peter Berg I thought "this can't be the same dude that was in Corky Romano with Chris Kitean". But lo and behold it was. WTF? A him-bo trusted to direct a blockbuster?
Like I said, I liked it very much, and I think people are way too critical of it--wanting a Will Smith failure badly,, or something like that. It is better than 85% of the films I've seen in the past year....for real. The ending wasn't so hot, and the cinematography was pretty awful (they should have hired the "Spiderman" dude), but I definitely think it's worth checking out and enjoying a matinee.
3) Journey To The Center Of The Earth: Next! At least Brendan Fraser found a decent lacefront wig.
4) Wall-E: Normally I love Pixar movies (the only kids movies I like) but I have absolutely no desire to see this for some reason.
5) Wanted: I wrote about this ish HERE in "WTF-Volume 5". Maybe now that St. Jolie has the twins with the f**ked up names, she will concentrate on other things besides playing characters that are supposed to be Black. From reader Leo Of Borg:
"Having just read WANTED the comic, and NOT having Fox in the movie as a black anti-heroine, this just pissed me off. All this really looks like is yet another chance for Angelina to show off more [permanent?] ink. Feh.
Blogged here with my sentiments and with links to the comic."
6) Get Smart: Don't feel one way or the other. Like Steve Carrell and the original show...will probably see it one day.
7) Meet Dave: Holee shit!! Can somebody say nuclear bomb? I think only "Basic Instinct 2" opened this bad. Note to Eddie: Reality check!
8) Kung Fu Panda: Hmmmm. Don't have much to say about this one either; will probably see it eventually.
9) Kit Kittredge: Ummmm....guess Willow inherited the star power of her mama Jada and not Poppy Smith.