Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)


Powered By

Site Design By:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Love It!

I know Sergio may not feel the same (he no lovie Will Smith), but I really look forward to this. From "The Marvalus View":

Will Smith has been pegged to play Black Panther co-founder Bobby Seale in a Steven Spielberg directed film about the Chicago 7…I’m excited already! Say what you will about Will, but dude can draw an audience, so the film will get viewed, and the boy can do the damn thing. And with Spielberg at the helm, the story should be nice…

From IW: Yeah, I wish someone Black was directing, but as someone from Oakland, CA (where the Panthers started), this is a story I think should have been told a long time ago....I think Will can bring it on this. Hopefully one day they will make a movie about Eldridge Cleaver too.


Update: Sergio says that Spielberg dropped out of the project awhile ago. Hopefully it will still get made anyway.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually Spielberg dropped his plans to direct this film a few months ago. And yes me no lovee Will Smith

clnmike said...

I like Will Smith but I cant see him doing this part right in fact I cant see him playing any character with an edge to it.

BronzeBuckaroo said...

This should certainly be an interesting film. In truth, I am a reader of Huey Newton. ;-)

Tafari said...

WIll Smith is not the only nigga in HW, I like him but he cannot play every-dam -body!!!

Bygbaby

Invisible Woman said...

Thanks Sergio!

@clnmike: i think he can be edgy...i think despite the fact of the image he chooses to present to the world, dude has been thru a lot...he can probably draw from that.

@bronzebuckaroo: i am interested in all things Black Panther--I was also once completely in love with the first half of "Soul On Ice"

@bygbaby: you are too funny! They seem to be trying to have him play in every film that requires a Black man, that's for sure....

Anonymous said...

Gee Will Smith gets to play every Black Man that ever lived? Isn't that special. Sigh.

Invisible Woman said...

@danielle: ummm, yes, he does.