Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)


Powered By

Site Design By:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, July 12, 2007

WTF?.....Volume 3


To expand just a bit on my BET post yesterday--I appreciate when readers take the time to share things with me, and this was forwarded to me from Hottnikz.....I knew BET was on some ish, but this just takes it to a whole new level. It is a must-read so you can peep the mentality behind these "executives":


I have to say I'm a bit surprised by Debra Lee, BET's president. I know as a woman in that position it must be hard, but when I worked at the studio "that will henceforth remain unnamed" (TWHRU), she was the right hand to a very, very, very well-known black actor who had his offices downstairs from us. This actor is noted for his dignified roles and making it without selling out, ever. She should remember her time with him--it would serve her very well right now.

3 comments:

PurpleZoe said...

Disgusting.
I can't find another word for it.
Viacom owns the station though.\
Since they took over it changed for the extreme worst.
BET is not a black owned company any longer, and neither is Essence Magazine.
We have to hold onto our commodities lest they be used against us.

It's a shame but a fact that we can't get away from.

Invisible Woman said...

You're right PZ, Viacom is the parent network of MTV.....but BET is under the MTV flagship. Sad, but true.

hottnikz said...

The new shows they have lined up has some possibilities...but very few. They have got to do better. I love your blog, can I add it to my links?