Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)


Powered By

Site Design By:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hey There....


Sorry for the spotty posting, but I am finally back home in San Francisco....there are a few things that I have learned to never ignore about myself...I really like staying in hotels while traveling, and as low tech as I am, I cannot live without my computer and cable t.v., my soft water; it's like being a caveman. So there you have it...momma needs amenities, and lots of them, at all times....

Anyhoo; there were a few things that I wanted to post about that I missed, that I'm sure you've read elsewhere by now...the George Clooney/Dafur film and the Janet Jackson/Jill Scott/Tyler Perry movie "Why Did I get Married? The rest of the cast would fill out any self-respecting gospel play at the Beacon....

The first film is terribly important, we all know this, but as far as Tyler Perry....well, let me just say I'm glad a brother is doing well on his own terms, but have mixed feelings about the products that the house of Perry has built. I will keep closed on that for the present time. Do love the character Madea, ain't gonna lie, tho. Above is a trailer for the new film.


3 comments:

PurpleZoe said...

Thanks for spreading the word about the Darfur film. Much appreciated ^_^

justjudith said...

welcome back! and i agree with you about tyler perry. i've expressed some of my issues with him on my own blog. i am happy for his success but i am also ambivalent. esp with that tv show. and madea makes me laugh -- so much so that when tyler is not in makeup he almost seems boring. but maybe it's just me. i am happy for him even though i'm not like a huge fan.

Invisible Woman said...

Thanks PZ and JJ...I agree Judith, he is very wierdly subdued when he is not Madea, almost repressed it seems