Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)


Powered By

Site Design By:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 10, 2007

Just Missing The Milk Carton....


My blogging buddy Purple Zoe sent this item over to me....this woman just missed being one of my milk carton alerts by 20 minutes, haha. I know I have some Canadian readers, and you might be able to attend this if so inclined....



Her script will be read in its entirety at WILDsound's August 2007 event on Wednesday, August 15 at the National Film Board CINEMA, 150 John Street, in downtown Toronto, Canada at 6:30 pm.

Rae Dawn Chong is an actress, director, producer and writer with a career spanning four decades. Born in Edmonton, Alberta in 1961, she became an actress at age 12, starring in "The Whiz Kid and the Mystery at Riverton" for Disney in 1974. Her first adult role was as the mysterious Ika in "Quest for Fire" in 1981, for which she was awarded a Genie, followed by starring roles in more than fifty movies, including "Beat Street," "Choose Me," "American Flyers," "Commando," "The Color Purple" and "Soul Man."

More recently, she played the role of Dr. Peggy Fowler for two years on the television series "Mysterious Ways," starred in the Canadian series "Wild Card" and acted in the award-winning independent film "The Visit."

She wrote and starred in the film "Boulevard," wrote and directed the award-winning short film "Mary Stigmata," and produced, wrote, and directed the film "Cursed Part 3." As a writer for the screen, Rae Dawn currently has two films and one episodic television series in development. Rae Dawn is the mother of one grown son, recently graduated from Brown University, and currently lives with her boyfriend and two dogs in rural New England.

From I.W.: I should hire a publicist...they can make anyone sound like the queen of England. I'm glad she's doing her thing, but "Cursed Part 3"? Let us elevate a wee bit...

6 comments:

KIKI said...

IW...go 'head & put her on the milk carton!lol

For some reason, I've just never cared for her acting.

coloredgirlswhohaveconsidered said...

If you had not posted her name, I would have been stumped. I have to disagree with kiki, don't put her on the milk carton. Some people need to stay lost.

PurpleZoe said...

I'm glad she's still doing her thing. She was goofy, but she has a light. Her coming creative projects should be interesting.

Invisible Woman said...

I honestly don't know what to make of her...but she seems to be trying to have her own...I have to agree with Kiki and coloredgirls, I was definitely never a fan...I always thought she was a product of the best parts of nepotism...

Unknown said...

I thought she was great in the movie, "Quest For Fire". In fact, I imagine if I had to pick a top 10 movies that this movie would probably be on my list.

Sad ... but, true.

peace, Villager

Invisible Woman said...

Quest for fire...I think she had 3 grunts of dialogue, right? That may have helped! Seriously though, I like that and "Clan of The Cave Bear", which was very similar.