Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)


Powered By

Site Design By:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, February 29, 2008

Old School Music Fridays

After writing that mess this morning, I need something to put me back in my ordinarily mellow mood.

I know I might be pushing the limit of "old school" with this one....

While reading Regina's blog this morning, she posted a video by the old school group "A Taste Of Honey". You know "boogie oogie oogie"? She stated that the bassist in the duo was Raphael Saadiq's sister. I have known the Tonys for years (they're from my hometown, Oakland), and never knew that. They have a huge family, most of them musically talented...amazing.

Anyway, it got me to thinking about them. And I've been thinking about Ms. Badu ever since her CD came out on Tuesday. This combines them both, with the ultimate homage to "old school hip-hop music". I absolutely adore this song and video in every way (way more than the movie it came from). Please excuse the beginning--it was the only clear embeddable version I could find. Check it.




1. Quick 2. Regina 3. Cassandra 4. Chocl8t 5. MarvalusOne 6. AJ 7. Rosemarie 8. Marcus LANGFORD 9. Lisa C 10. Kreative Talk 11. LaShonda 12. mrsgrapevine 13. sHaE-sHaE

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah you cheated big time, but the video is nostalgic like old school. In my opinion you can't go wrong with Erykah Badu.

Anonymous said...

I forgot about MC Lyte, that's old school, too. :)

wanda loves... said...

I love this song and video. It will forever be classic Badu.

Anonymous said...

I love Erykah!! She's FANTASTIC LIVE! :)

Marvalus said...

Oh yeah! Ms. Erykah is on full blast at my house!

Unknown said...

You know dog gone well that this is not old enough to be "Old School"! But that was the jam though. I love MC Lyte. But Eryka's wrap portion of this song was hilarious!
So you grew up with the TTT gang that is awesome, I may have to look deeper into that 6 degrees of separation thing.

Invisible Woman said...

Thank yall for coming by and sharing your thoughts...and letting me slide a bit; it wouldn't be the same without you! :-)