Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)


Powered By

Site Design By:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, September 10, 2009

When Worlds Collide....

Most bloggers live in two worlds, one of the blogosphere, and the one outside of it. How much is spent on one of the other is up to said person, but I have to admit, I worry about some folks. There are those who are on Twitter every single solitary time I log in, and some that I am actually shocked have children or a job, cause they tweet about 20 hours a day. It seems that for a lot of people, the two worlds are in tandem to become one.

Is it a dangerous thing? That is yet to be seen...for me, when True Blood is on, or like last night the Black Blogosphere was tweeting and riding on Republican dickwad Joe Wilson, I felt like I was hanging with some of my greatest homies....it is tremendously fun. But is it more fun than hanging with my friends at the beach? No.

But still, great things can come out of being in a certain circle of writers, observants, intellectuals, and out and out funny fools. While shopping in Ralph's yesterday, I saw a guy who looked very familiar to me---I recognized his face from a blog I read regularly. I stopped him and said "Excuse me, do you have a blog?" He said yes, and I exclaimed "Wonderman! I'm Invisible Woman!" I felt almost exhilarated...I know I probably surprised the sh*t out of him, haha. (btw, he is a very interesting and very smart blogger--you can check him out here)

I am also quite excited at the prospect of doing hood rat film stuff with my blogging sis-star Issa Rae, my partner at Soul Sis-Star Reviews...she moved from NY, and is now in LA. One event that I hope she can make (and any of my fellow Angelinos as well) is The Reel Black Men Film Festival, this Saturday the 12th at 6pm at the Chaplin Theater. Visit The Black Hollywood Education and Resource Center for more info, folkses....it is being moderated by the director of "A Good Day To Be Black And Sexy", Dennis Dortch.


12 comments:

msladyDeborah said...

Hi IW,

I see that the force was with you!

Issa Rae said...

LOL! I just wanna do hood-rat film stuff with my blog friends too. Is there an AFTER party or something? I'm missin OUT :-\

TechKappen said...

You mean you would rather be at the dirty, unsanitary, deadly beach than talk about True Blood? You're out of the loop.

Lenoxave said...

We are a nation full of addicts IW. That Tweet shyte is like crack to some ppl. lol

Citizen Ojo said...

Mommy and Daddy aren't reading to the kids because they are on twitter? Someone call DSS!!!!!!!!!!

Ms☆Go said...

I agree! I'm a homebody and I'M not on twitter that much.

People get mad at me because I answer their tweets a few hours late.

Wonder Man said...

I was happy to meet you the other day

clnmike said...

Dang never thought about actually bumpming into a blogger by chance, small world.

Thevisionarybutterfly said...

Hey just stumbled on your blog here. I just may be the last person that isn't on twitter. It makes no sense to me. I do enjoy blogging and finding other interesting blogs out there.

Urban Thought said...

That's interesting... I find myself more on Facebook these days, than twitter. Those I talk to on FB I see on the weekends or random days during the week.

For bloggers, I find them at random events in the city, but never was bold enough to walk up to one and introduce myself.

Kudos.

Invisible Woman said...

@ms. lady: it was :-)

@issa rae: i'm ready to roll, girl--are you?

@techkappen: and you're right there with me, my son :-)

@lenox ave: i see you have your portions under strict control... :-)

@citizen ojo: call child protective services; my son "techkappen" is tweeting neck and neck with me--but on the plus side he is also a voracious reader (?)

Invisible Woman said...

@ms go: it is so easy to get caught up--stay strong! :-)

@wonder man--right back at you, cutie

@cln mike: atlanta is the land of bloggers after NY and CA--isn't that where you are? you probably see them every day and don't even know it

@ms butterfly--so glad you're here and you like it--please continue to stop by :-)

@urban o: i want to get on facebook, but i'm afraid that i might get addicted--what is your account? (you'll probably never tell me, huh)

i hope that when you are in la you will give me a shout :-)