Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)


Powered By

Site Design By:
Blogs Gone Wild!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Take A Gander....

How bout a couple of trailers? I wanted to post this last week, as I knew about this film before most (as I usually do) but I was too busy to post, so everyone looks like they have the scoop before me, as usual. I must step it up! For your perusal, "Takers" with Idris Elba, T.I., Chris Brown, Michael Ealy, and Zoe Saldana. Might be fun, but the poster, it's fair to say, is positively atrocious. Michael K. had this to say:

I have no clue what this Takers movie is about, but based on the poster I'm guessing the "something" everyone is after is NECKS! This shit should be called NECK TAKERS, because none of these motherfuckers on this poster have one! Paul Walker sort of has one, but it's hidden underneath that spandex turtleneck(?!!!?). I mean, what in the fuck?! My drunk computer-illiterate uncle, who thinks an ipod is a type of diaphragm (true story), could do a better Photoshop job than this!

I wish Paul Walker would use his GIGANTIC hands to rip that hat off of Hayden Christensen's head, because SamRo has been asking for it.

And part of me hopes the movie is just like the poster. You know, a bunch of cardboard cut-outs hanging around together, boozing, smoking and TAKING!




Saw this over at my blog sis' spot, IssaRae.Com....Barry Jenkins, director of "Medicine For Melancholy" has this new short about interracial love, involving a Black woman and an Asian man:




How about a bit of hilarity, yes? "Tamika The Arrogant African American Professional - Who Cant Keep A Man" featuring some "Waiting To Exhale" concepts:




Oh, I almost forgot...here is director F. Gary Gray's (Friday, Set It Off) new one with Jamie Foxx, "Law Abiding Citizen::

13 comments:

Keli said...

The graphics on that poster is horrid...looks like they cut the faces off of old pics and placed on bodies not belonging to the actors...

Alls I know is Paul Walker, Idris Elba, and Michael Ealy are sharing the screen...HELLO!

Marvalus said...

The trailer for Law Abiding Citizen looks like my kinda movie!

Marvalus said...

And I am DYING lauging at Tamika! Because I used to...um, know a couple of them! LOL...

Lenoxave said...

I am going to see "Takers" for the eye candy. I've paid to see worse! "Torque" anyone? "Law Abiding Citizen" is on the list for the tasty Gerard Butler and sounds like a decent plot.

Soigne1908 said...

Ms. IW, thank you so much for the laugh with "Tamika." I've got some of those tendencies, but I can appreciate the humor and the concepts.

Citizen Ojo said...

Jamie Foxx going back to action films huh? Taking a break from the Oscar chase. Lets see how this one goes..

Keith said...

Hey there. This is my first time at your blog. I found it through Twitter. Wow. It's incredible. I definitely plan to come back some more and really explore it. Great job.

clnmike said...

A nice cast but the Takers trailer comes off too slick, looks like a cross from a rejected British gangsta movie and John Woo BS.

Invisible Woman said...

@keli: ya know, somehow idris has lost his shine for me...something is missing since he left the wire--maybe it's his movie choices :-(

@marvalus: i can't make up my mind about F_Gary's film...all I know is that I don't absolutely love it. re tamika--i think we are all guilty of at least 2 of her traits, lol

@lenox ave: you paid to see torque? po' baby!

@Soigne1908: see my comment to ms marvalus...and welcome!

@citizen ojo--let's put it this way--it can't be any worse that his last, ummmm...maybe 5 films.

@keith: thanks so much--i hope you'll visit regularly!

@clnmike: omg!! i COMPLETELY agree---great observation

Camille Acey said...

man Takers looks beyong awful and someone needs to tell TI that he cannot act, at all.

thanks for posting Tall Enough. i'd like it a lot better if it were just a music video. their talking and schmooping was annoying, and i hate the implication that the black mom is the only one with something "smart" to say about the relationship. if they'd talked to the chinese mom, the title just mighta been "even a little black is too black"

Camille Acey said...

case in point - http://www.chinasmack.com/pictures/chinese-black-couple-shanghai-metro/

look at the comments. utterly nasty and racist.

Camille Acey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eb the Celeb said...

I'm definitely going to see the takers... all my husbands are in it so I cant wait...

Nothing about the Jamie Foxx movie intrigues me so I'm undecided. Probably wait until I hear reviews from people I know